Wednesday 19 February 2014

2013 Season Part 2


At the end of August into September we had bear activity around Matt's Dads place where we hunt. We set out a barrel full of bait hoping to attract it in, but by the time we set it up cold hit and we didn't get any more photos. A good plan for this August if we see bear is to bait early and hopefully hunt some bear. 


Meet ol "Floppy Ear" She has survived season after season. Matt has come across her during his hunts and if I get a doe tag next year I may try locate her again. We think she is around four years old 

 Early November Matt and I had set up a few areas of trail cameras. We were ecstatic because Matt's deer he hoped to get a photo of showed up, a nice 11 pointer. My favorite deer from last season, previously a 5 x 2 now 5 x 1 showed up, and we got several photos of him throughout the season. However, I never seen him during a hunt. 
 This nice buck showed up at Matt's Dads property when he was hunting another field during the rut. 
 My first encounter with a buck was with this little guy on Matt's grandparents property. I was just sitting along side of a path and he came right in front of me no more than 10 ft away. This didn't get my heart pumping like some people have said it would, but it was one of the coolest things I have experienced. I had my rifle, but didn't shoot. It was early on and I was waiting to see if something more mature showed up. The neighbors shot this young buck later on in the season. 
Later in November we had lots of photos of my favorite buck. I sat out a few times and he never showed during daylight. As far as we know he survived the season, maybe I will get to encounter him next year. 

1 comment: